Sunday, May 9, 2010

His footprints

I get distracted by you
not to the point that I lose all my senses
I wouldn't even call it a distraction,
really
because you're nothing
of that sort

You're nothing
mean or selfish or arrogant
greed doesn't stir in you
neither does all things sinful

I love how you love me
how you love everyone
and everything
How you would do anything
to save

You bring the word Sacrifice
a whole new meaning
One no one can top

When you say
In every love song, there's a lover
And how you hoped you would be
just that
in my heart

It puts a smile on my face
you can never erase this, Lord

When I look up at the skies
I wonder how you made them blue
I gave up sleep
just to be amazed by you
and you never fail me

You have
what no other boy can take
or steal from me
It is rightfully yours

This love
This faith
This strength
These hands and feet
This heart

You have all of me
and I love you more for that

No comments:

Post a Comment