Monday, July 12, 2010

An epic final

And the 2010 FIFA World Cup goes to...


SPAIN !

I woke up at 2.45a.m. and ran downstairs. Daddy was already seated in front of the tv, giving me one of his goofy smiles. He beat me to the tv, it seems. Haha! We did this twice. See who wakes up first. I beat him during the Germany-Spain match. 20 minutes passed and daddy ran downstairs and looked at me, "Why didnt you wake daddy up?" Hahahaha!

Well, the final match was a crazy one! No one should have missed it. Even if you hate Netherlands, for whatever reason I still cant come up with. Even if you hate Spain for beating Germany, or for beating Portugal (haha, Kavan!). Even if you hate Paul, the 'psychic' octopus for all his right predictions. I still dont know how the creature does it but I have a bad feeling about him. My theory? Paul has mastered the logic of probability, which many of us took for granted. It makes perfect sense. And I refuse to believe he has any sort of psychic ability. Now, Ray, quit telling me it's the tentacles...

I never thought Spain would come this far. Yes, I'm a very loyal fan but really, who would've thought? I was scared when they were going against Portugal. I didnt watch that match. Haha! Nights before that, Ashley told me, "We're going to make Cristiano Ronaldo cry. Cry, baby. Cry!" And she was right! Oh, Ashley, you made my day. I love those red and yellow nails of yours, by the way.

So here Spain was, in the final. Oh, the suspense. First half, no goal. Second half, no goal. 90 minutes passed and still no goal. I went around my head trying to think of what should happen next. Extra time! Or... If I had let my imagination come true... Rematch! And the world cup shall not end today. I wish that were the case. But extra time, it is. First half of extra time, still. no. goal. What is this?

Me: Dude, this is a freakin crazy final!
Gurjit: I know! And I'm loving it!

But after Netherlands was short of a player, since Stekelenburg got a red card, haha, Spain finally scored! Go, Iniesta. And to think he was crazy from the beginning. Poor guy kept falling. Not a minute after he got up, a Dutch trips him back down. I feel for you, Andres. But you didnt have to push him.

I gotta admit though, the match was hilarious. Commentator has got a way with words. The bald referee (so everyone calls him) must be tired of pulling the yellow card too many times. Those Dutch players tipped me off. Rough play. And Sneijder! He should have gotten a red card for kicking Alonso in the chest with his boot. Why would you have your foot up that high anyway? I've got my eyes on you, Sneijder. I'm not over this.

If I had to pick a favorite, (off the Spanish squad) in this match, it would be Iker Casillas. I love you so much today, Casillas. Amazing goalie. Nice save. I mean, saves. Fernando Torres, on the other hand, was a disappointment. David Villa made way for him to get in to the pitch only to have Torres enlighten the Netherlands' fans with his hamstring -_-"
I need not to say more.

But I am very very very happy for the win! Teehee! Went to school with a huge smile on my face. I sure did annoy my anti-Spain classmates. They were so depressed. I went to Science 3 to watch Christina and her gang celebrate. Haha! More Spain supporters in that class. Loud supporters, I must say. Very loud. I was so hyper in the morning. But once the break ended, I went back to class and crashed on the table. Mel kept molesting my underarm to wake me up. I became immune to it. Hehe!

I cant wait for the next FIFA! That is if the world doesnt end in 2012...



"In 2013, I'm going to watch the movie 2012 and laugh..."


3 comments:

  1. wow!! just like shebby... good commentator... kah3...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont like shebby. or i guess i just dont like his annoying accent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeahhh.. true, all the man United fans like that, too annoying...

    ReplyDelete