Tuesday, January 10, 2012

cause lately I don't even know what page you're on

I didn't think anyone could be perfect but here's the truth. I used to think you were the closest thing to that. You didn't see it, you thought you needed to be more athletic, more spiritual. I thought differently. You were perfect. Your heart was perfect. To me, at least.

Wasn't that enough, though? To have at least one person to think that way about you? One person, besides God.

Then you decided to flaw yourself. Adopted the kind of attitude I feel nothing but disgust for. If you think it's confidence, well, you've never been more wrong. A real man of God wouldn't boast about his knowledge, or say rude things to others. Neither would he look down on the unfortunate.

Where did you leave your humble heart? I hope your new set of friends didn't step on it and let it splatter all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment