Wednesday, June 15, 2011

can't stop, won't stop. i must be dreaming!

Aah, I'm ecstatic! I don't know where to start... Oh man, oh man, oh man, I'm so blessed!

OH, wait. (phone was ringing) I just got a call from the campus! Gagagagaga I'm so excited! I couldn't even speak proper BM to the guy, well, not like I can speak proper BM at all. *dance like a punching boxer*

Anyway, the past few days have been really hard and painful. I didn't get the Pre-Science course I wanted in UiTM and was asked to apply for a different course. I was really heartbroken. Rejection after rejection. It felt like my world was crashing down and I was so close to giving up on almost everything. I've worked so hard all those years and was starting to think it would never pay off. I knew it wasn't the end of the world, but it sure felt like it. I still had hopes for UM, though, because I haven't heard from them yet and knew that the official E-rayuan results were gonna be released on the 14th, which was yesterday. UM was my dream university in Malaysia, so I was hoping I could study Foundation in Science so I could take a go at being in Pediatrics. (not my dream job but I would've loved to treat children)

Yesterday in the morning, Sara and I were talking about what we would do after school. We decided that we would check our results before we take our showers. If we get in, we would dance in the shower. If don't get in, we would cry in the shower. Either way, we'd still have the cold shower to comfort us. (yeah...it was a really hot day in school)

When I got home, I had lunch and then walked towards the laptop. Oh, my guts were tied up in knots! I didn't know what to expect. Well, I half-expected to get a rejection again, so I sort of built up this anti-anger wall between myself and the screen. Went to the website, connection was reset. Reload, reset, reload, reset... Ah, could you get any more annoying? So I decided to just text them and went on Facebook while I waited.

I was already consumed by Theresa's picture when the text came in. It said...that I got offered to get into UPM for programme P2053. I told my mum, "Mi, I got into UPM". She jumped and screamed and hugged me and kissed my cheek. She then ran to the room and woke my dad up. He ran out and started asking multiple questions. I told them to calm down so I could take a look at what course it was. The website finally worked and guess what course it was!!

Nevermind, I'm gonna tell you anyway...

Diploma in Veterinary Science ! *huge grin*

My tears started flowing like a mad river. Tears of joy? I've never felt anything like it! Oh holy smokes I was so shocked! I was happy, yes, but shocked mostly. I really didn't expect that. I mean, I've given up on veterinary since January. My biggest and most important dream! It was hard, but I laid it down and convinced myself that it wasn't meant to be. I really moved on and tried to set my desires towards Pediatrics. It was fine, but it was second best. I thought, oh if it weren't animals, it would be babies.

It was unbelievable how the answers unfold! I laid down my biggest and most important dream and here I am, given the chance to fulfill it and I'm going to cease this. Oh God, you have no idea how happy I am. I cried and laughed in the shower yesterday. I cried and laughed the entire day! I'm still crying now, as I write this part.

I kept telling God, how really funny I thought He is sometimes. This has gotta be the best one He's ever pulled on me! I never thought I'd be one of those people who get to fulfill their dreams. This is insane! I'm close, ayagahayahayaaaaya. Out of words!

I went to school for a short while this morning, to say goodbye to my teachers and friends. I'm really going to miss my classmates. They've been such great companions; very amusing big guys and girls full of wit. Definitely gonna miss Sara blurting out random words in Korean, Adnan and Arif singing, Jason's comical humor and Andreas getting caught sleeping in almost every class!

Anyway, registration is on Friday. Yes, this Friday! This is madness! I'm in such a hurry and this is probably the last time you'll hear from me. I don't have my own laptop yet. I'll be leaving to Bintulu tomorrow.

Exciiiiited! *claps hands*



Again, Father, You are so funny and a little bit confusing, but I still love You.
I love You with all that I have.
Thank You, thank You, thank You, my Love!
You promised to give me the best I should have.
I'm so happy to know that You thought my biggest dream is the best.
I'm starting to think You had something to do with instilling that passion in me.
You're truly amazing! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment