Monday, April 18, 2011

a minor one

I took a couple of X-rays last Friday. The doctors didn’t find anything unusual about them. Still can’t figure out if there’s anything wrong with me, but they had a discussion and decided to put me through bilateral facet injections next month. They call it a “minor operation” where they would inject Triamcinolone into my spine but there’s no cutting-me-up, so I think it’s okay.

My doctor believes that the sharp, electric pain I’ve been getting going down my thighs were probably caused by nerves near the titanium in my spine. These injections would, first, confirm if the pain is really caused by the spine or/and second, relieve the pain.

Everyone's a little scared and sad about this. Knowing how powerful my God is, I can't be consumed by fear. He is on my side and I trust Him. I've already surrendered. I'm giving this all up to Him and I don't want to worry about it at all.

Despite the things I've been put through and still am going through, I'm aware of how blessed I am. I know there are a billion of kids out there that are going through worse. So I choose not to be brought down by my "mishaps" but to grow stronger each time. I was built to endure and I will go through this, just as He had planned. There's nothing better than His plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment