Friday, October 14, 2011

to you who won't stop

I don't need a man. I'm not interested in you and I'm not interested in relationships. If I say "No" to you now, what makes you think I'll change my mind in the future? Once my mind is made up, it's made up. So please stop trying.

If I ever 'need' a man, I can tell you this, that I only want a man of God, who can bring me closer to Jesus. Who loves Jesus, more than he loves me or any other person. God will be the center of our relationship. Not his wants, not my wants, not his needs, not my needs. God is the center of it, as He should be.

Yeah, I'm difficult, I'll admit that. I have my own views on relationships and you may not like it. Most people, you included, make relationships seem meaningless. I believe it's worth more than just being with someone you have feelings for. You wanna know what I think?

If you're not ready for marriage, then you're not ready for a relationship.

Relationships should lead to marriage, not just be static and unmoved. It should always lead to a better place. If a relationship isn't headed towards marriage, then it should stop. And if a relationship never intended towards marriage, then it never should have happened in the first place.

I know this sounds a tad bit too strong. You might think I'm crazy or cheesy or old fashioned, but this is one of the things I stand for.

I'm standing for something here. Are you?

1 comment: