Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I don't need to chase the clock any longer

Ah, hello! I am glad I can now say that I have been using my time quite wisely in the past few days. Most of the things I've done have given me a backache, but nevertheless, I'm happy!

Things I did:

1. Groom the ever so fluffy, furry, messy little dog, Lemon. She looks like a sheep now! I love it, because just like Mary, I now have a little lamb. Phoebe's little lamb is black, though. One tiny little problem I have with her is the fact that she wouldn't let me cut the fur around her tail. So, she skips around the house looking like a lamb with a furry behind. Can you imagine just how funny that looks?

2. Have healthy and delicious breakfast every morning. The best thing about holidays is the fact that you get to actually have breakfast. I love having so much free time in the morning. I could cook or bake whatever I want. I tried poaching eggs for the first time in my life the other day! The first egg didn't work out too well, but the second and third were great. Oh, how I love runny yolks... I'd make pancakes too, like I did this morning. I made apple-cinnamon syrup to go with it. I think I tasted heaven today!

3. Visit Theresa while she's in NS camp. Rachel and I hitched a ride with her family on Sunday. Her parents bought lots of pizzas. We ate together and Theresa was happy. I miss her bubbly nature! She told us lots of stories. The girl just wouldn't stop talking! Haha. It was only when we were about to leave that she broke into tears. We hugged her many many times but didn't want to keep her parents and brother waiting in the car. She told us that being there without anyone to depend on made her reach out even more to God. She's so much closer to Him. That was the greatest thing about it. :)

4. Watch movies. I watched Season of The Witch with Mel and Ray at MBO. Mel was really scared of the witch. Ray and I just couldn't take Nicholas Cage seriously. Hahaha! The movie was great, I'd have to say. I just wished it was more scary. I'm still searching for a movie that would actually get me scared like Mel. I watched You Again online yesterday. I was quite annoyed because it took such a long time to load and I couldn't really hear the words they were saying. An okay movie, it was. I'd give it a 6 out of 10. I'm going to watch Charlie St. Cloud today since Despicable Me was removed. -.-"

And the most wonderful thing I've been doing is... read the Bible! :D I realised that I've never actually read the whole Bible, so I'm on a one year plan to complete it. There's a website which gives me about 6 readings a day for 365 days. It's great because each day I would have two readings from the Old Testament, two from the New, one from Psalms and one from Proverbs. Today is Day 17 for me! :D

Well, anyway, I should stop blogging and start cooking rice now. Smell you later, stalker!

No comments:

Post a Comment