Wednesday, February 9, 2011

oh, shady!

I finally went swimming with Mel and Ray this morning. I swam freestyle for only two laps and started getting cramps. Wow, I need to start swimming again more often. I miss living in Miri and swimming for free every week at the family club which was right there, outside the neighborhood. In Kuching, however, it's a long way to the pool and you'd have to pay RM5.5o per entry. Ah, gone are the days when we swim for free.

Today, I played around in the shallow pool like a 5 year old most of the time. Our favourite part of the pool is the pool bar. We talked about how great it would be if the pool bar was actually running. I'd order ice-cream and have it right there while I'm soaked and drenched. The thought of ice-cream made me hungry and we all wondered what time it was. None of us wanted to get out and check the time, so we took votes on who should. Mel eventually got out and told us that it was 11.30am.

I asked her if we should get out and honestly, I didn't want to but we couldn't all stay in the water and start growing gills, right? Mel then asked if we wanted to have lunch before we get home. The word "lunch" made Ray and I jump out of the pool. We were really hungry! (at least I know I was)

Just before I entered the showers, I saw tan lines across my chest and quickly showed it to Mel. She laughed at me and then started screaming in the bathroom when she realised she was a whole shade darker. Ray was screaming too but she wasn't as loud as the drama queen.

I laughed and told them, "The best part is, we don't have to worry about getting Osteoporosis when we get old!"

Mel told me that she wasn't going to swim in the morning ever again. I guess I need to find new swimming buddies now. Sorry, Melly, but I absolutely love swimming in the morning! It's just the way my sister and I roll. Morning sun is the best! You won't have to worry about getting skin cancer. I'd bring you swimming at night, but I know imaginations go wild when it comes to being in the water in the dark. People tend to believe they're being chased by hungry sharks whenever they see that big blue line underneath, or like my brother, being chased by water ghosts. Hahaha!


Look at the different skin coloration across my chest!
Oh well, I still love my skin :)



Note to sis,
I'm wearing your top today because I secretly wished you were there! ;)

1 comment:

  1. awwwwwh! when I'm back, we swim tons and tons k?? did you wear your new swimsuit?

    ReplyDelete