Wednesday, March 9, 2011

worth a lifetime, this one

When I was at the hospital for my "usual check-up", something finally hit me. I turned to my mum and asked,

"Am I signed up for this for a lifetime?"

Mum looked at me, with much compassion and said, "Yes". There was a "I'm so sorry you have to live like this" written all over her face after that.

I then thought about how my future would be.

How, when I'm in college, I would have to reschedule my appointments so I won't have to skip classes or how much physical pain I would feel working on assignments. Or, when I reach adulthood, I would have to take a day-off work to go to the hospital. Or, when I become a mother, how I would constantly worry if my child would inherit this thing from me and how I would always feel guilty about it if he does. Or, what if my child blames me like I blamed my parents when I was younger?

I could only rest all of this into God's hands. Thank God, He's great :)

2 comments:

  1. you don't HAVE to be my ex-stalker! you can still be a stalker you know! hahahah

    i'm so sorry about Lemon. (i'm not a very good comforter but I can give you a hug if you want). As for the doctors and stuff like that, I've just got to say I admire you for your strength. We'll never know why things like these happen, but we're better off than others because we're blessed enough to have Him. :)

    man, i miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you too, Ally! We're blessed indeed. but should not forget to keep "others" in our prayers, yes? (:

    ReplyDelete