Sunday, November 7, 2010

the best meat to ever grace a kitchen

In the past days, I've made and attempted many things in the kitchen. What a weird addiction I'm developing. I'm really loving the art of baking and cooking. Baking, mostly. Cooking, only when I have the house all to myself and I'm asked to make my own dinner.

I dont mind, really. I get very excited whenever I get the chance to experiment in the kitchen. But, I dont like it when people watch me, especially not my mum or brother. They make me nervous, it feels as if Gordon Ramsay was watching me cook. (I'd have to admit, he's pretty funny when he's mad. I mean, do you see how red he gets?)

Last Tuesday, when two big cartons of eggs arrived,
Mum: Ah, now you can bake until you go nuts and never run out of eggs.
Me: Haha. Maybe I should be a chef, since you dont want me to be a vet and all.
Kavan: Yes! You should be a chef. We can be chefs, together! *gets really excited*
Me: I'm thinking pastry chef, I dont think I would survive as a station chef because I'm such a perfectionist, I work really slow, just cutting onions.
Kavan: Okay. You, the pastry chef. I'll be the chef chef. (yes, he actually said that. funny brother of mine)

I immediately made cupcakes that day, after mum got out to buy some butter. When I stayed home alone (I seem to always be alone, lately), I made onion soup for dinner.

I knew I was going to have a good time today, when I signed up for an alone time again. Mum was busy out and about, getting things set up and ready for her kindergarten's concert. Dad and Kavan went off to kampung. I decided to stay home, and study. When I got tired of that, I attempted to make custard to top the leftover cupcakes. It didnt work out so well because I didnt put enough sugar in the custard and it tasted more like egg than anything.

There were still some egg whites left aside in a bowl on the kitchen counter (I needed 2 egg yolks to make the custard). So, I decided I'd have omellete for dinner. I raided the refrigerator for thing's I'd want to stuff in my omellete. Found exactly what I wanted!


The pork and potato omellete I made and ate.


Oh, the melted cheese inside!


I'm having one of the best Sundays in my life :D



No comments:

Post a Comment